Are you thinking about enrolling your child or children at Our Lady of Mt Carmel Parish School?
We believe that connection with our families is important. That is why we choose to meet with families and provide an opportunity to see our school and meet with the Principal on an individual basis.
The information below provides a step by step process to make this task as simple as possible. If you have any questions or concerns about this process, we are here to help.
- Contact the school via phone - (08) 84471405, email - firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the school to make an enquiry or to express your interest in enrolling at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Parish School. An Application Form will be posted out or passed on directly.
- Return the completed Application Form to the school. Copies of birth certificates and Baptismal certificates (where applicable) must be provided.
- The School Enrolment Officer will contact parents/guardians, inviting them to an enrolment interview. Enrolment interviews generally occur in Term 2 the year prior to the child starting school or on a needs basis as required to support families.
- Parents and the child meet with the Principal. During this meeting, parents are given information about and taken on a tour of the school; while also providing an opportunity to have their questions answered. This provides an opportunity for the Principal to meet the child and answer their questions, which are often different but equally important.
- If a position is available, a letter of ‘Offer of Enrolment’ is sent to the parents.
- If parents wish to accept this enrolment offer, they then sign the ‘Acceptance of Offer’ and return it to the school.
- The Principal in conjunction with families will then confirm the start date for the student (beginning of year/semester or a specific date if joining mid-term)
- If a position is not currently available, the school will notify you by letter, and the enrolment will be placed on a waiting list.