Catholic Education South Australia

Hearts | Minds | Flourish
Empowering hearts and minds to flourish


School Fees

As a Catholic Parish School, Our Lady of Mt Carmel strives to provide all families access to a quality Catholic education at an affordable price.

As a Catholic school, we rely on private income to support the day to day operating costs of the school. Government Funding does not cover expenses such as electricity, council rates, water, administration & maintenance.

State and Federal Government funding accounts for approximately 80% of school income, and the other 20% is made up through parent contributions in the form of school fees.  The combined funding enables us to provide a wide range of learning opportunities for students and maintain the general operations of the school.

Payment of School Fees for Remission approved families for 2020

Financial concerns should not be a barrier to your child receiving a Catholic Education at Our Lady of Mt Carmel Parish School. Remissions on school fees are available to families whose income is within the levels outlined on the Fees Schedule.

Families need to complete a "School Fees Remission Application" and a School Card application each year to receive discounts.

If financial concerns are an issue for your family, or your financial circumstances change throughout the school year, please make an appointment to meet with the Principal or School Finance Officer to see how we can best support you.

Finance in Catholic Parish Schools Policy

Your agreement to be part of this school community requires a commitment to fees.

  • All families enrolled in the school are expected to fulfil their financial commitment to the school.
  • In administering fees, the school takes into account the SA Commission for Catholic School's Guidelines on fee charges.
  • The school will invoice annually with 1/3 payment due by the end of each of Terms 1, 2 and 3 unless prior arrangements have been made with the Principal/Finance Officer.
  • Fees not paid at the conclusion of Term 3 may be forwarded to a debt collection agency.
  • The school will offer a discount to any family who needs support. 
  • Payment is by cash, cheque, EFTPOS, Visa card, Master card, Qkr!, Direct Debit, Centrepay and BPay. (Direct Debit is a regular payment from your nominated bank account on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis)
  • If you have any concerns or would like support with any of the above, please see the Principal or Finance Officer to discuss your particular circumstances.